The Life and Times of a Busy Woman

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Frustration

Words cannot describe how utterly frustrated I am at this point.  I am one that loves to work, but my co-workers have driven me to point of exasperation.  I have always gone "above and beyond" at my position, and it used to be appreciated.  Now, it's an expectation and I get berated for NOT doing what was never my job in the first place.  It was just easy for me to do, so why not?  I don't look forward to going to work, but I still go.  I do not call out (like many others) instead, I go, do my job, and go home.  Luckily, some days I do have a co-worker friend that I thoroughly enjoy visiting with when our shifts overlap.  The humor brought by them has been my saving grace some days. 

Some more about this friend ... they continue to think it's their hair that keeps me looking at them and smiling even though I've told them repeatedly that it's their eyes.  They bring a unique brand of humor that only certain people can appreciate.  Plus, they also offer a lot of perspective on some of my college classes.  It has been refreshing to have someone that offers knowledge of certain subjects and angles of such that I had not previously considered.  We enjoy running jokes, which is one way they'll make me laugh if I'm overly reserved and quiet.  I look forward to my shifts if I know theirs will overlap.  A night out is planned and I'm hoping they are able to make it.  They claim that they don't get out enough, and they have the night off, so there should not be any excuse.  It would be fabulous to hang out with them outside of work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment