The Life and Times of a Busy Woman

Monday, December 26, 2011

The Day After

Yesterday was Christmas ... the long awaited day to be able to open presents and spend time with family.  Our family plans Christmas Eve crashed due to my daughter getting grounded Friday.  Trust me, it was not something that I wanted to do, but it was absolutely necessary.  If I wouldn't have gotten grief from everyone else (therefore having to divulge the ridiculous acts that my daughter did to get herself grounded THAT close to Christmas, just to defend myself), I would have cancelled Christmas.  Instead, we had an understanding prior to Christmas morning that anything 1) electronic; 2) could access the internet; or, 3) was an accessory to something that did either item number 1 or 2, would be confiscated until groundation ceases.  If I had my way, it would be when my daughter turns 18 ... but since that's unrealistic, it will probably be 1 week for items in the number 1 category, 2 weeks for both the 2 and 3 categories, plus many months on probation for category number 2.  There, have I lost you yet?

Otherwise, Christmas went well.  We opened presents at our home then went to my first in-laws' for presents there (divorced family).  Stopped by Grandparents' home on the way to the second in-laws' home, visiting for a bit at each stop.  We then went to my parent's home, which also contained my brother, his wife, and 2 children (2.5 y/o and 24 days old).  We stayed there for hours cuddling the new bambino and laughing at the antics of the older child.  She's adjusting well to being an older sister, but there's still some jealously.  Food was filling (never go hungry and my mom and dad's) and visiting was fun.  We finally got home at about what would have been dinner time (still full), so we lazed about and starting figuring out the aftermath of that morning.

This morning, well ... that's another story.  Got 8 hours of sleep last night (amazing!) but still kinda dragging.  Must be since I'm on a sort of mini-vacation.  Doing laundry and dishes while my husband is at his friend's house finishing up some "guy work."  I do not work again at one job until Saturday.  I'm on call for 24 starting on Wednesday afternoon, but it will still be a lazy day until someone needs me.  School doesn't start again for me until the 9th of January, but my daughter starts back on the 3rd. 

Here's to hoping this New Year starts better than last year ... hope you had a Merry Christmas and a Wonderful New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment