The Life and Times of a Busy Woman

Saturday, February 4, 2012

My Head Hurts

Tonight, I think that the hamsters have given up fighting over the wheel and are either a) fighting each other; or, b) attempting to fight their way out of my head.  Oh. My. Gosh.  I wish I were as artistically inclined as JSchro so I could illustrate that. 

Plus, I'm working the night shift again this week and I walked into complete and utter chaos.  Typically there is a systematic, controlled chaos ... nope, not tonight.  Aaaaannnnnnddddd, oh wait ... it's psych night - as in the majority of patients that have come to us tonight have mental health concerns.  If you have any doubts about the phases of the full moon and how it affects a person's mental status, work in an ER.  Worst part is, the true full moon isn't until the 7th, so tonight is almost like a preview as to what is truly to come.  An appetizer, if you will.  Thankfully, I won't be working more than tonight and Saturday night.

I also have a 7-page study guide for an exam on Wednesday and a draft of a clinical patient care plan to write that's due for Tuesday.  Ugh, just thinking about those makes my head throb.  

On top of this all ... my not-yet-12-year-old daughter has been overcome by hormones.  I'm at a loss as to how to deal with this.  Even with all my nurse training, I am just dumbfounded as to what I can do to guide her but not lock her up in her room until she's 18.  That has been a major temptation, I hafta admit.  My nurse friends who have successfully raised teenage daughters (into their 20's now) tell me, "This too shall pass."  Yeah, I'm sure it does ... but what can I do in the meantime besides the aforementioned locked room?  They laugh ... thanks ... my head hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment