The Life and Times of a Busy Woman

Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Night Shift

So tonight is the first night shift that I've worked since August ... I work in an ER.  Put 2+2 together and you (may?) figure out that it's a creepy place to work at night.  Especially a Friday night.  I *LOVE* it when the night starts out with people strung out on [whatever drug is handy].  If you didn't interpret that statement as sarcasm, you've got issues.

My shift was brightened, though, by a fellow blogger JSchro who decided to honor my recent clinical experience with her skills in MSPaint.  I laughed so hard that I cried ... she's AMAZING!! 

After I wrote my nursing diagnoses for my most recent care plan, I've been reading through her blog history to see what I've been missing.  Her post about bacon is hysterical.  I know my male co-workers enjoyed her suggestion for the "best way to a man's heart."  My co-workers already think I'm odd, but my sudden outbursts of laughter throughout the night have increased their suspicions.  Of course, I am doing my job as it's presented to me (I answer phones, page doctors, and deal with charts), but I'm definitely not as busy as everyone else.  This allowed me time to peruse all the other blogs I've been introduced to by Jen's blog love. 

http://www.storagesystemsul.com/store/cart.php?m=product_vendor_list&v=16
FYI, JSchro, that is a CODE Cart.  It's a cart they use in real life, that is depicted in shows like Grey's and ER as the only equipment for to save a life.  "Charge to 200!  CLEAR!"  In reality, there's a lot more to it than just the paddles ... but I have to admit, your "Emergency Box 'O Supplies" sums it up quite nicely.

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, you learn something new every day! Though I think if I MSPainted that CODE cart it might look a little like R2D2. Maybe they SHOULD make CODE carts more like R2D2?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the R2D2 idea! The only problem is if they were like R2D2, someone might get the idea that "these are not the drugs you are looking for." ;)

    ReplyDelete