The Life and Times of a Busy Woman

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Addiction

Yes, I have found a new addiction ... blogs.  Omigosh, I have not had so much fun perusing the 'net in a LONG time. 

Admittedly, I used to like fb ... not so much anymore.  Being a wife, mom, FT college student, and working really puts a damper on my social activities.  Especially last summer, I got jealous seeing all my friend's posts about the beach (etc) while being stuck working. nights. every. weekend.

Today, Jen suggested blog love.  Oh, how I have loved.  I have been exploring blogs all day and have hardly made a dent in the people that have left their links in her comments.  I cannot read just one entry, I keep going (and laughing), and going (and almost crying - from laughter).  Of course I knew online communities and blogs existed (I'm not from the Stone Age), but I've just never really explored that realm.  Plus, I hadn't shared the existence of my blog with anyone until today, at Jen's suggestion. 

I am thankful that I did not know what an "Elf on the Shelf" was and that I had to Google it.  Without that Google search, and subsequently stumbling upon Jen's blog, it may have taken me much longer to stumble upon all the wonderful blogs I've read today.  This year is already going better than it started!

2 comments:

  1. Lately I have been addicted to the blogs over FB as well. I am so thankful to PIWTPITT for letting people post theirs as I have found so many more that I am following now and I have found a bunch of people like like me too (oh happy). Glad to add you to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will find many kudos to Jen at PIWTPITT. I link her to give as much credit to her ideas as possible. I was new to blogs and have indeed found many great people as a result of her blog love post. It's so much better than fb, in my opinion, but I still haven't completely kicked that habit yet. ;) Welcome!

    ReplyDelete