The Life and Times of a Busy Woman

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

EVOC

Today is an on duty day.  I set my alarm prior to my shift, though I can stay at home until called,  to get somewhat more ready just in case.  Honestly, the most important factor of this readiness is going pee in the morning so as not to have a full bladder while completely asleep and the pager goes off.  It tends to help with response time ...   Now that I'm done with that TMI ..........

We took our primary truck up to the garage today to have it serviced and are running a back-up truck from the main base of this EMS service.  She's an old truck, but wow has she got some power.  I'm kinda thinking I like this one better, but I'm not going to tell our primary that.  Don't want jealousy or anything. 

We returned to the station and I sat down for a grueling time period of reading PowerPoint slides ... 187 of them to be exact.  Oi!  But at least I didn't have to sit through a lecture of all 187 ... I'd have been asleep quicker than a jackrabbit.  My Chief then took me out driving to road test me ... cones and all.  We did a country loop that had me negotiating R/L turns, S-curves, and switchbacks.  The cones were at the end in a parking lot to make sure that I didn't run into anything while backing, etc.  Always have a backing partner!

 
So now I spend the rest of the day waiting.  I do need to put away that laundry that is now dry on the rack, but that's it.  

We do have training tonight, but that's much later.  My husband doesn't come home till late night tonight/early Wednesday morning.  Then we're off on a motorcycle road trip since it's supposed to be gorgeous.  Remember to check your mirrors twice before you change lanes!  Cycles easily hide in blind spots.






No comments:

Post a Comment