The Life and Times of a Busy Woman

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Rainy Day

Today, I do not believe that the rain has let up for more than a couple minutes.  It's nice because it's a warm, soaking rain ... it's bad because there is a lake that somewhat resembles Moosehead forming in my driveway.  We are fortunate, though, since our roads are intact and we have not had any transportation difficulties.  A town not too far from here had a road wash out that caused a fatality. 

I've spent the last 5 days working, at one place or another.  I have been able to FaceTime chat with my daughter.  I showed her the trophy her softball coach dropped off.  He had them each made with the players' name on them.  We also discussed her report card and summer worksheets that I emailed to her for her to complete.  She may be a grade ahead in math, but it doesn't hurt to do a worksheet once a month to keep the material fresh.  Grandma has instituted a couple more chores this summer since she's getting older.  She's also paying her an allowance for the help, so that's a definite incentive.  My daughter LOVES her iPod touch and buys games/songs when she has money to put into the iTunes account. 

I've been doing laundry and puttering, but the rain just makes me wanna go to sleep.  I need to change the sheets and I may take a shower and do just that.  It's supposed to rain for the next couple days, too.  So I'm hoping our luck holds pertaining to the integrity of the roads.  Here's a sunshine ... maybe it will help. 



No comments:

Post a Comment